T20 World Cup Players Ascend in Rankings Ahead of Tournament

T20 World Cup: Players Skyrocket in Rankings Pre-Tournament

T20 World Cup Players Ascend in Rankings Ahead of Tournament

Despite the adverse weather conditions affecting parts of England’s home series against Pakistan, players from both teams have made significant strides in the latest rankings update, just days before the T20 World Cup commences in the West Indies and USA.

England’s captain, Jos Buttler, has moved up one spot to seventh in the updated T20I batter rankings, thanks to his impressive 84-run innings in Birmingham. His teammate, Jonny Bairstow, has also climbed eight places to 36th on the same list after scoring 21 runs in the same match.

Buttler’s performance against Pakistan was exceptional. The question now is, will he maintain this form in the #T20WorldCup?#ENGvPAK pic.twitter.com/j1qfoC8NUx

Fakhar Zaman was the highest scorer for Pakistan in that match. The aggressive left-handed batter has moved up six places to 51st after scoring 45 runs off just 21 balls against England.

Three players from the West Indies have also seen their rankings improve after their recent series sweep over South Africa. Brandon King (up five spots to eighth), Johnson Charles (up 17 places to 20th), and Kyle Mayers (up 12 spots to 31st) have all made significant progress in the T20I batter rankings.

Men’s T20I Batter Rankings

Gudakesh Motie, who was named Player of the Series for his eight-wicket haul against the Proteas, is the biggest gainer in the updated T20I bowler rankings, moving from outside the top 100 to 27th.

Men’s T20I Bowler Rankings

Ricky Ponting reveals selection for leading wicket-taker at 2024 event | T20 World Cup

Ricky Ponting reveals selection for leading wicket-taker at 2024 event | T20 World Cup

England’s Reece Topley has moved up one spot to ninth in the T20I bowler rankings. Pakistan’s Shaheen Afridi (up three spots to equal 11th), Haris Rauf (up two places to 25th), and Imad Wasim (up 14 spots to 38th) have also improved their rankings based on their recent performances.

India’s Suryakumar Yadav will start the T20 World Cup as the top-ranked T20I batter, while England’s Adil Rashid will begin the tournament as the highest-ranked T20I bowler.

Skip to content